Monday, October 7, 2013

Battle of Germantown 2013

This year, I made my annual pilgrimage to the Battle of Germantown re-enactment, which is close enough to my house that I can practically smell the powder.  This year, my school asked me to lead a continuing education class for about 30 alumni and parents with the battle as a theme.  I led off witha  45 minute classroom lesson (no miniatures, but maybe next year!), followed by a trip to the re-enactment, with some stops in Whitemarsh on the way back to talk about the aftermath of the battle.  I had to good fortune to get the help of Steve Turn, a fellow member of Ambler Gamers,
to speak with my group afterwards.  Steve was a sport, despite the hot weather, and the crowd ate it up.  It seems daft to teach on my day off, but with an engaged audience like this one, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.













More photos are available here:  http://germantownacademy.smugmug.com/Events/2013-2014-Events/Continuing-Curriculum-Series/32354215_kQSN4B#!i=2816592467&k=MM8Skph

and here, thanks to the generosity of one of the participants: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlguvhimatp4x2e/JGjwHxlCK5#/

No comments: