Monday, April 16, 2012

The Weekend Warriors


I did this small brigade of 10mm Union soldiers in one weekend. To celebrate my second victory this year in the TMP poll drawing, I purchased some ACW 10mm figures from Minifigs. The figures look good, scaling well with my Pendraken boys and very easy to prepare and paint. I primed them Friday night, did the base colors Saturday morning and the details Saturday evening. Then, on Sunday, I based them and, after waiting for the glue to dry, textured the bases. Then, Monday morning before work, I painted and flocked the bases. Before I left for work, I hit them with the matte finish. Ta da! Over 80 figures ready for the tabletop in just under three days. Total work time, about six hours.

For poops and giggles, I termed this the Hollywood brigade. Included are the 54th MA, the 20th ME, and the 2nd RI (the regiment of Elisha Hunt Rhodes, the spokeman Union soldier in Ken Burns' series). And for good measure, I added a few companies of Berdan's sharpshooters.

I love 10mm. They look good, and they paint up so darn fast.

ps That's a section of road from Foxhole Terrain that I test painted. I think it looks pretty good and the 1" wide road bed matches the width of my bases perfectly.

No comments: