Monday, May 9, 2011

Voila les francais!

And here are the French units now deployed on my tiny little table. I used my camera phone to snap these, and I'm not happy with the photo quality. Once again, clicking to enlarge should make things a little better.

Here is the entire French army. Some Bavarians try to secure the French left, leaving the main part of the army to concentrate on punching through the center.

From De nerdibus


French Brigade columns prepare to smash into Austrian lines, with cuirassiers ready to exploit the gap. If I were the Austrians, I would be very very scared.

From De nerdibus


The thin blue line defends a village from the Austrian horde. The houses are 6mm buildings from JR miniatures mounted on an old CD. I think the smaller scale looks appropriate, given the scale of the battle.


From De nerdibus



A brigade of French chevaux-legeres trying to pin down the Austrian flank, with a little help from their Italian buddies to the rear.

From De nerdibus


And here is the whole battlefield, packed tightly with tin. I love the look, but this is way to many troops for anything but a set piece battle. For my test engagement, I'll halve the number of troops on each side.

From De nerdibus

1 comment:

NW Crew said...

Arriving late indeed at the party. But still a greta looking set up!